Both Parties must be over the age of 18 to marry in Australia.
Before your wedding, you are required to sign a Notice of Intended Marriage Form (NOIM) at least one month prior to your wedding. You can lodge it with me 18 months prior to your wedding.
At this appointment you are required to pay a deposit, the balance is to be paid approximately two weeks prior to your wedding.
At this appointment you will also need to sign a declaration stating that there is no legal impediment to your marriage.

The Monitum

My Name is Tracey Rovere and I am a Marriage Celebrant legally registered to solemnise marriage according to law.
(Bride and Groom) before you are joined in marriage, in my presence and in the presence of witnesses, I am to remind you of the solemn and binding nature of the relationship in which you are about to enter. Marriage, according to law in Australia, is the union of a man to woman, to the exclusion of all others, voluntary entered into life.

Legal Vows

I call upon the present here to witness that I ,(Groom Full Name/Bride Full Name) take you,(Groom FullName/Bride Full Name), to be my lawful Wedded Husband/Wife.
The vows and the monitum must be said to make the wedding legal from the Marriage ACT 1961

You will need to supply the following documents

  • If born in Australia – Your original birth certificate. or passport .If you need a copy of your birth certificate, please contact Births, Deaths and Marriages in the state in which you were born.
  • If born overseas – Your original birth certificate or overseas passport if your birth certificate is not available. You must then also supply a Statuary Declaration Form, stating that is impractical to obtain such a certificate.
  • If either of you have been previously married, you will need your original Divorce Decree papers or Death Certificate of previous spouse. If you need a copy of your divorce certificate please contact he family law court in the state where you were born.
Any documents in a foreign language must be translated into English and a translation Certificate supplied.
You are required by law to have two witnesses who are both over the age of 18 to sign the Marriage Register and Marriage Certificate.